KUMARTULI… A should go to place in KOLKATA…the place clay is remodeled into idol..
A should go to place in KOLKATA…
Kumartuli or Kumortuli, is the essence of Kolkata. It’s the dwelling place of potters the place clay idols are made for numerous festivals. Many idols are exported to abroad additionally. It’s a distinctive potter’s colony within the northern a part of town. It’s situated in between Beniatola (Ahiritola) and Shobhabazar.
Kumartuli Durga pujo may be very well-known and one of many oldest puja in Kolkata. The method of idol making may be very intricate and laborious. They made these idols inside the lanes of this locality. Guests can roam right here and benefit from the work of those artisans. River Ganga is simply 5mins from Kumartuli. This can be a magnificent place and paradise for photographers.
There are ladies artisans additionally who take energetic participation in idol making. The frenzy artisans, helpers and laborers, are at all times busy more often than not for making idols. Round 360 artisans work in roughly 120 studios, who obtain orders of crores rupees for making Maa Durga idol.
The dimensions of the idol varies relying upon the design. If you wish to know the tradition and heritage of town, then you need to go to Kumartuli earlier than Durga Puja. You’ll really feel the vibrancy of the pageant. Do not forget to style the well-known Rasogolla of Nabin Chandra Dass candy store.
How you can attain Kumartuli?
Bus: Kumartuli is effectively related by bus providers. If you’re touring by bus, then get off at Lal Mandir or Rajballavpur Bus Stops from the place it is a five-minute stroll to Kumartuli.
Metro: Shobhabazar Metro Station is the closest metro from Kumartuli. It’s strolling distance from the metro station.
Trains: The closest railway station is Bagbazar .
Ferries: If you’re coming from Howrah, take a ferry of Bagbazar Ferry Ghat or Shobhabazar Ahritola Ferry Ghat. Kumartuli is just a few minutes away from each of those locations.
Close by locations to go to –
1. Bagbazaar Ghat – These Ghat is near Kumartuli. These Ghats are broadly used for idol immersion in the course of the festive season.
2. Nabin Chandra Dass – Do not forget to style the well-known Rasogolla of Nabin Chandra Dass candy store. This is likely one of the well-known candy store of Kolkata.
3. Faculty Road- The well-known school road can be visited from right here. This place is known for 1000’s of bookstalls, Espresso home and many others.
4. Burabazar – This implies ‘huge market’ which can be visited from Kumartuli. Burrabazar is likely one of the largest wholesale markets in Asia.
5. Shobhabazar Rajbari (Shobhabazar Royal Palace) – That is one other close by attraction which may be very well-known. Maharaja Nabakrishna Deb constructed this Rajbari at Shobhabazar. Shobha bazaar Rajbari’s Durga puja is world well-known. There Sindur khela in Dashami may be very outstanding.
So, it is a should go to place of Kolkata. Each time you’re planning to go to metropolis of pleasure, do go to Kumartuli..