Creamy Mac And Cheese Buffalo Wild Wings Recipe
If you are thinking of a spicy mixed creamy pasta dish that makes your mouth water, then you are at the right place. Creamy mac and cheese has always been a favorite among people of all ages.
Some like it with a mild creamy taste, while others prefer to add a bit of spicy mix by experimenting with different sauces.
There are so many variations to the original mac and cheese recipe that you will have a different taste in each dish. Creamy mac and cheese buffalo wild wings are for those who prefer to spice up their regular mac and cheese dish.
Read on to find a creamy mac and cheese buffalo wild wings recipe for a restaurant-style dish made in your kitchen.
Creamy Mac And Cheese Buffalo Wild Wings Recipe
The best thing about mac and cheese is that you can change the recipe in many ways and still get a delicious dish. This recipe adds the tangy taste of buffalo wild wings sauce to your regular creamy mac and cheese.
The result is an irresistible spicy taste mixed with cream cheese that melts in your mouth. This recipe gives you a tender and creamy dish coated in cream cheese.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes (on the stove) + 35 minutes (in the oven)
- Total time: 60 minutes
- Course: Main course
- Cuisine: American
- Serving: 2
- Equipment required: Toaster oven
- Calories: 7424kcal
- Carbohydrates: 713g
- Protein: 272g
- Fat: 389g
- Saturated Fat: 232g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 17g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 93g
- Trans Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 1156mg
- Fiber: 23g
- Sugar: 201g
- Sodium: 14825mg
- Potassium: 7481mg
- Calcium: 6515mg
- Iron: 12mg
- Vitamin A: 14019IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
- 3 pound elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 gallons of whole milk
- 1 pound of butter (4 sticks)
- 3 tablespoons salt plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoons black pepper plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper plus more to taste
- 8 ounces of Cheddar cheese
- Buffalo wild wings sauce
- Hot sauce
- Preheat the oven to 360 F. degrees.
- In the meanwhile, prepare the breading station by combining flour, seasonings (salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper), and breadcrumbs in a bowl.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan to prepare the cheese sauce over medium heat.
- Add the seasoned flour and stir for about 3 minutes until the flour is golden brown.
- Whisk in milk and hot sauce to this mixture.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to a low simmer, and keep for 3 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Stir in cheddar cheese and add salt and pepper to taste. Keep stirring until the cheese has completely melted.
- Boil the macaroni in water and add salt to it for taste. Once the macaroni is completely cooked, drain the water.
- In a large bowl, add the boiled macaroni and buffalo wild wings sauce and mix well.
- After that, add the cheese sauce from the saucepan. If the sauce is too thick, reheat it.
- Transfer this mixture into a 9X13 inch baking pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, ensuring to spread evenly.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Remove from the heat and serve warm.
How To Store Creamy Mac And Cheese Buffalo Wild Wings
If you have leftover mac and cheese, you can store them for another day. After all, who wouldn’t want extra servings of creamy mac and cheese buffalo wild wings?
Place the mac and cheese in an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator for up to five days. You can even store individual servings on zip lock bags and refrigerate them.
If you want to freeze your creamy mac and cheese buffalo wild wings, you must let it cool completely. Afterward, wrap the dish tightly with plastic and aluminum foil and place it in the freezer.
You can freeze smaller portions of mac and cheese using freezer storage bags instead of aluminum foil.
If you freeze your mac and cheese, you need to take extra steps when reheating it. When you’re ready to eat it, defrost it overnight in the refrigerator. Reheat it in the microwave or stove top the next day when you’re ready to dig into its cheesy goodness.
Creamy Mac And Cheese Buffalo Wild Wings Recipe Variations
This mac and cheese buffalo wild wings recipe has many variations that can add a twist to its flavor. Here are a few delicious additions to your mac and cheese for an irresistible flavor.
- Add bacon or ham if you’re a meat lover and want to give it an extra-savory touch. Make sure the meat you’re using is well-cooked before you combine it with the pasta and cheese sauce.
- Add a variety of vegetables to your cheese sauce before combining it with the pasta. You can even stir fresh vegetables once you remove the dish from the oven. Fresh spinach is a great addition, especially if you have children.
- A sprinkle of breadcrumbs can add a crispy flavor that compliments the creamy cheese sauce and soft pasta. You can add breadcrumbs and cook your mac and cheese uncovered for an additional 10 minutes.
- If you love the taste of Mexican food, try adding half a cup of your favorite salsa and some chopped jalapenos.
- Mix in diced green onions and bacon pieces with a sprinkle of shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream for a baked potato-style mac and cheese.
What To Serve With Creamy Mac And Cheese Buffalo Wild Wings
Creamy mac and cheese buffalo wild wings are great as a main dish served with the following sides.
- Hot crispy chicken tenders and fries
- Naked tenders are all-white chicken tenders that are served plain or tossed in sauce
- Garlic bread
- Spicy wings
Other Mac And Cheese Dishes
Mac and cheese is a great dish that can be made according to your preferences and mood. Here are a few famous mac and cheese dishes you can try making home.
- Bacon mac and cheese bombs
Bacon mac and cheese bombs are like chicken nuggets made for adults. They are filled with cheese, mozzarella, and bacon smothered in a spicy sauce or ranch dressing.
- Macaroni and cheese pizza
Imagine your favorite comfort foods, macaroni, and pizza, put together. That is precisely what macaroni and cheese pizza is: a crust made using macaroni noodles and a classic macaroni and cheese sauce.
- Fried mac and cheese balls
These are macaroni and cheese balls that can either be fried for extra taste or baked for a healthy snack.
- Bacon-wrapped mac and cheese bites
These bites have a combination of the best in terms of flavor: bacon, mac and cheese, and fried food. These crispy bites are ideal as a main dish or an appetizer.
Health Benefits Of Mac And Cheese
Mac and cheese contain nutrients that provide many health benefits, including the following.
- Eating cheese provides conjugated linoleic acid, or CLA, as it is commonly known. CLA is a fatty acid that plays a vital role in weight loss by breaking down the fat in your cells.
- Cheese is rich in proteins essential for maintaining muscle strength and gaining muscle mass.
- Cheese contains high amounts of sulfur-containing amino acids such as cysteine and methionine, which are vital for liver detoxification.
- Cheese also contains calcium, an excellent nutrient source to maintain healthy bones. It also lowers your risk of osteoporosis and bone fractures.
The Origin Of Creamy Mac And Cheese Buffalo Wild Wings
Did you know how mac and cheese buffalo wild wings became popular worldwide? It dates back to the 13th century with the introduction of macaroni. Marco Polo brought the recipe for “Maccheroni,” now known as macaroni, back from his travels in China.
However, it was in 1769 that the first written recipe for mac and cheese was published in the book “The Experienced English Housekeeper” – by Elizabeth Raffald.
Kraft Foods introduced its version of macaroni and cheese in 1937.
Buffalo Wild Wings came up with its version of mac and cheese in 1998. They also included chicken tenders with a side serving of ranch dressing in their unique mac and cheese recipe.
This creamy mac and cheese buffalo wild wings recipe is a must-try. Whether it is to serve your family dinner or for your guests to celebrate an occasion, this mac and cheese dish will keep them asking for more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Type Of Cheese Does Creamy Mac and Cheese Buffalo Wild Wings Use?
Creamy mac and cheese buffalo wild wings use cheddar cheese. You can also use blue cheese along with cheddar.
What Is The Best Seasoning To Put In Mac And Cheese?
You can season your mac and cheese with salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, and buffalo wild wings sauce.
What Can You Put In Mac And Cheese Instead Of Milk?
You can put non-dairy milk substitutes, heavy cream, sour cream, yogurt, coconut cream, or cream cheese instead of milk in your mac and cheese.
Crawfish & Shrimp Macaroni & Cheese Cajun Recipe
Baked Mac N Cheese Recipe with Ham and Peas